Dr. Michelle Chang
Ph.D, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science), National University of Singapore
- Senior Tutor
- Mathematics and Science Curriculum Planner (Primary, Secondary, Junior College)
As a Ph.D graduate in biochemistry from NUS medical research school, Dr. Michelle Chang is one of the ten award recipients around the world and the only Singaporean to present at Society for Free Radical Biology and Medicine Annual Meeting in Washington DC (USA). She has also published papers in high impact journals such as Cell Death and Differentiation by Nature Publishing Group and the American Association for Cancer Research.
Also an existing lecturer who delivers Sciences in a tertiary institution in Singapore, she has received high evaluations from her students every semester. From the age of 17, she brewed her interest in teaching through private tuitions and as part-time teacher in primary and secondary schools. She continues to excel in this area and is often invited by tertiary institutions as lecturer. With her passion in education, she brought forth plenty of successful students’ testimonials.
Leverage on her rich experiences in teaching and her industrial training, she has drawn the pupils’ interest in their studies, and has helped many to excel in their works. Dr. Michelle Chang is the obvious choice of tutor to entrust your children with.
Dr. Chang has been:
- conducting Science enrichments courses for primary and secondary schools for 20 years. (Since 1998)
- giving lectures on genomics, biotechnology, biochemistry and cell and molecular biology for the diploma in biomedical science and diploma in biotechnology in Republic Polytechnic.
- working as a Research Assistant in National University of Singapore (NUS) and Research Scientist in Singapore General Hospital (SGH).
Dr. Chang’s other achievements include:
- being one of ten recipients in the world and the only Singaporean to receive a travel award presented at the Society for Free Radical Biology and Medicine 15th Annual Meeting in Washington DC (USA).
- published scientific papers in high impact journals such as Nature Publishing Group.
- contribution in a chapter (Reactive Oxygen Species, Intracellular pH, and Cell Fate) of the book “Proton Homeostasis in Tumorigenesis and Cell Death” published by Research Signpost in 2011. ISBN: 978-81-308-0429-3.
- has contributed at international conferences such as American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting (AACR) and IUBMB International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and FAOBMB Congress in Japan.
- 100% promotion for 2015 PSLE Science
- Over 90% of grade-A in 2015 PSLE Science
- Over 80% of grade-A in 2014 O-Level Chemistry
- Achieved Lecturer’s Outstanding Teaching at Tertiary Institution
- Featured in Popular Magazine ‘Inquiry-Based Learning’